Hello, everyone! Three weeks, three videos and three blog post in a row. I am so happy I am finally getting back on track with filming, editing and of course crocheting, which is my favorite thing to do. Last week I was showing you what did I purchase in my recent yarn haul, two weeks ago I was sharing with you a pattern for crochet baby Granny Square romper and this week we will create a pair of cute baby booties for little girls.
If you would like to see more videos subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE. I release new videos almost every week. 🙂
This is what you will need for this tutorial (Please note, that these links are affiliate links. Purchasing through this links earns me a small commission with no extra cost to you ? Thank you! You are the best! :))
YARN: For this pattern, I was using 100% cotton, DK weight (or also Light Worsted) yarn in gray, pink and beige color. (here!)
CROCHET HOOK: The booties are made with two crochet hooks: 3.5 mm (E/4) and 4.5 mm (G/7). (here!)
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- ch – chain (VIDEO)
- sc – single crochet (VIDEO)
- hdc – half double crochet (VIDEO)
- dc – double crochet (VIDEO)
- tr – triple crochet
- ss – slip stitch
- BLO – back loops only
- This pattern is written in two sizes: 0 – 6 months (here below!) and 6 – 12 months (in PDF only!)
- You can find this pattern as an inexpensive, ad-free, beautifully designed PDF pattern on Etsy, Ravelry and Love Crochet. The PDF pattern has one additional size: 6 – 12 months.
- GAUGE: 9 sts and 9 rows in sc measure 5 x 5 cm or 2 x 2 in.
- Use a stitch marker to mark your first stitch of the row/round.
- How to read a pattern: If the number is written before the stitch 3 hdc work 3 hdc into the same stitch. If the number is written after the stitch hdc 3, work hdc into next 3 stitches.
- Repeat what is written in the () as many times as it’s written right after the (). For an example: Repeat (2 hdc, hdc 1) 5 times. It means that you have to repeat the sequence work 2 hdc sts into the same st, 1 hdc into the next one 5 times. And you will get 5 additional sts by doing that.
- The chain at the beginning of the round/row does not count as a stitch unless otherwise stated in the pattern.
- Slip stitch is just a joining stitch and does not count as a stitch in my patterns.
INSTRUCTIONS – CUTE CROCHET BABY BOOTIES FOR LITTLE GIRLS
Ch 10. Start in the 2nd chain from the hook. Work into back loops only.
Round 1: Work 2 hdc into the same. 1 hdc into next 7 chains. Work all 6 hdc sts into the last ch. 1 hdc into next 7 chains. Work 2 hdc sts into the last one. Join the round with a ss. = 24 sts.
Round 2: Work 2 hdc into next 2 sts. 1 hdc into next 7 sts. Work 2 hdc sts into next 6 sts. 1 hdc into next 7 sts. Work 2 hdc into next 2 sts. Join the round with a ss. = 34 sts.
Round 3: Repeat (2 hdc, 1 hdc) 2 times. Hdc 7. Repeat (2 hdc, 1 hdc) 6 times. Hdc 7. Repeat (2 hdc, 1 hdc) 2 times. Join the round with a ss. = 44 sts.
Cut the yarn and weave in the yarn end.
Color 2 – pink. 3.5 mm crochet hook. (VIDEO TUTORIAL)
Round 1: Join the yarn in the middle of the heel with ch 1. Start in the same stitch. Work 1 sc into BLO into next 44 sts. Join the round with a ss. =44 sts.
Round 2: Ch 1. Work 1 hdc into next 44 sts. Join the round with a ss. = 44 sts.
Round 3: Ch 1. Work 1 sc into next 11. Repeat (hdc2tog, hdc 2) 5 times. Hdc2tog. Work 1 sc into next 11 sts. Ss. = 38 sts.
Round 4: Ch 1. Work 1 sc into next 12 sts. 1 hdc. Hdc2tog. Repeat dc2tog 4 times. Hdc2tog. 1hdc. Work 1 sc into next 12 sts. Ss.= 32 sts.
Round 5: Ch 1. Work 1 sc into next 10 sts. Hdc2tog. Repeat dc2tog 4 times. Hdc2tog. Work 1 sc into next 10 sts. Ss. = 26 sts.
Cut the yarn. Fasten off.
Color 3 – Beige. 4.4 mm or G/7 crochet hook. (VIDEO TUTORIAL)
Create a magic ring and work all the sts into the magic ring.
Chain 4. Work 3 tr sts into the magic ring. Ch 3. Work 1 ss into the magic ring. Repeat (Ch 3. Work 3 tr into the magic ring. Ch 3. Work 1 ss into the magic ring.) 4 times.
Now pull the tail and close the magic ring. Make a nice knot and attach the button on the center of the flower.
Now attach the flower on one side of the shoe, slightly on the right side on the right shoe and slightly on the left on the left shoe. You can attach the flower to the shoe in two ways. You can use a hot glue gun and glue the flower on the shoe or you can take a small amount of yarn and a yarn needle and sew the flower on the shoe. Eather way, make sure you nicely secure the flower on the shoe to prevent any accidents. 🙂