Hope you are all doing well. I am so happy to share with you a new pattern for baby booties this week. And it’s a very special one! You ask why? Because it’s super easy to follow and baby booties are made using this particular pattern in no time. 🙂 I would say, with a little bit of practice, 15 minutes max. 🙂
So if you are in a hurry to attend a baby shower and you need a gift, this might be a perfect solution for you. Even if there is no hurry, once you will try this pattern, you will see how awesome it is and you will use it all the time.
Watch the video and follow the step by step tutorial to learn how to make this simple crochet baby booties from start to finish. Don’t forget to jump to my YouTube channel and subscribe (HERE!) if you haven’t already. Once you are there turn on the post notification (little bell next to the subscribe button) so you will be first to know when I post something new. It’s free! 🙂
Here is what you will need for this project (These links are affiliate links. Purchasing through this links earns me a small commission with no extra cost to you. So if you decide to purchase through them, know that you are awesome! Thanks! 🙂)
- YARN: This pattern is made with Drops Eskimo mix yarn which is 100% wool yarn in shade pastel blue (31), which is gorgeous light blue color. (HERE!) Update: Recently I came across Super Chunky weight yarn from Paintbox. (HERE!) The yarn is 50% wool and 50% acrylic and is way softer and more gentle on the skin then Drops Eskimo which makes it perfect for baby items. Also, the yarn is available in 60 different shades and the closest to the one I am using in this tutorial is Duck Egg Ble (935).
- CROCHET HOOK: You will need 7.0 mm crochet hook. Sadly there is no US hook size for this crochet hook, so you will have to go one size down which would be K/10 1/2 or L/11. (You can find something similar to what I am using HERE!)
- OTHER: And of course a yarn needle (HERE!), stitch markers (HERE!), a pair of scissors (HERE!) and around 3 cm in a diameter big button (HERE!).
The instructions are using simple crochet stitches that are because of their long names written as abbreviated words/signs. If there is a stitch or technique that you’re not familiar with, don’t worry. Click on the video next to the stitch name and you can learn how to do it right away.
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- ch – chain (VIDEO)
- sc – single crochet (VIDEO)
- sc2tog – single crochet two together
- ss – slip stitch
- hdc – half double crochet (VIDEO)
- hdc2tog – half double crochet two together
- dc – double crochet (VIDEO)
- dc2tog – double crochet two together
- BLO – work into back loops only
- The pattern is worked in rounds.
- How to read a pattern:
- If the number is written before the stitch 3 hdc work 3 hdc into the same stitch. If the number is written after the stitch hdc 3, work hdc into next 3 stitches.
- Repeat what is written in the () as many times as it’s written right after the (). For an example: Repeat (2 hdc, hdc 1) 5 times. It means that you have to repeat the sequence work 2 hdc sts into the same st, 1 hdc into the next one 5 times. And you will get 5 additional stitches by doing that.
- The chain at the beginning of the round/row does not count as a stitch unless otherwise stated in the pattern. The chain is just a way to give us to the proper height. The number of the chains at the beginning of the round/row matches the hight of the first stitch.
- Use stitch markers to mark your first stitch of each round/row.
- Skill level: Easy
- Gauge: 6 sts and 3.5 rows in HDC to measure 5 x 5 cm or (2 x 2 inches).
- Size: 0 – 3 months.
CROCHET BABY BOOTIES INSTRUCTIONS
Ch 6. Start in the 2nd ch from the hook.
Round 1: 2hdc. Hdc 3. 6 hdc sts into the same ch. Continue on the opposite side of the ch. Hdc 3. 2hdc. Ss.
Round 2: Work 2 hdc into next 2 sts. Hdc 3. Work 2 hdc into next 6 sts. Hdc 3. Work 2 hdc into last 2 sts. Ss.
Continue with the upper part of the shoe. You can change the yarn color if you would like to make your crochet baby shoes in more than just one color.
Round 3: BLO. Ch 1. Work 1 hdc into each of next 26 sts. Join the round with a ss (ss does not count as a stitch) = 26 sts.
Round 4: Ch 1. Sc 5. Hdc 2. Repeat dc2tog six times. Hdc 2. Sc 5. Join the round with ss. = 20 sts.
Round 5: Ch 1. Sc 1. Sc2tog. Sc 4. Repeat hdc2tog three times. Sc 4. Sc2tog. Sc 1. Ss. = 15 sts.
Round 6: Ch 2. Dc 15. Ss. = 15 sts.
Round 7: Ch 1. Hdc 15. Ss. = 15 sts.
Take some yarn and a yarn needle and sew the button on the outer side of each shoe.
Hi there! All the content you can find (including crochet patterns) here on this website crobypatterns.com is a property of Croby Patterns. I put a lot of work and love into creative ideas, patterns and educational materials provided on this website, so please do not modify, copy, sell or share it as your own. I do not give any permission to translate, make videos or crochet courses using content provided on crobypatterns.com. You can sell finished items handmade from my crochet patterns made in a limited number, but please clearly credit the design to me, Croby Patterns and provide a link to my blog crobypatterns.com. Thank you for respecting me and my work!