Hi, everyone! The Spring days are here. Nice and warm weather drew away heavy coats and cozy sweaters we were wearing all Winter long. This is probably is my favorite time of the year because all the nature is slowly waking up from a long sleep and starts to shine with it’s full power. Trees and flowers are blooming and birds are singing their favorite songs. It’s just magical.
I have a very special crochet pattern for you today. It’s for a girly spring baby shoes with a big bow on the side. The shoes open with a small press stud that is hidden behind the bow and that makes it easy to put them on and close the strap in a no time.
Let’s see what you will need for this tutorial (Here are a few affiliate links to different supplies that I am using in my tutorials or are very similar to the ones I am using. Purchasing from these merchants earns me a small commission with no extra cost to you and helps my small business to grow so I can share with you even DIYs and crochet patterns. Thanks! ?):
- YARN: For this pattern, I am using DK weight 50% cotton and 50% polyester Drops Cotton Light yarn. But you can use any color or brand of yarn you like, just make sure the gauge is correct.
- CROCHET HOOK: 3.5 mm (E/4) and 4.0 mm (G/6) crochet hook (here!) or hook to obtain the gauge.
- OTHER: stitch markers (here!), yarn needle (here!), scissors (here!), two press studs.
All of my crochet patterns and tutorials are written in US crochet terms. If you are not familiar with the US crochet terminology, I might have a solution for you. Here you can find a great article on this topic that will tell you all you have to know about this two terminology and differences between them.
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
- hdc2tog – half double crochet two together
- dc2tog – double crochet two together
- This pattern is written in rounds. At the end of each round join the round with a ss, that is just a joining stitch and des not count as a real stitch.
- Always start the round in the 1 st of the previous round, that is in the same stitch you’ve made your ss in.
- How to read a pattern: If the number is written before the stitch 3 hdc work 3 hdc into the same stitch. If the number is written after the stitch hdc 3, work hdc into next 3 stitches.
- Repeat what is written in the () as many times as it’s written right after the (). For an example: Repeat (2 hdc, hdc 1) 5 times. It means that you have to repeat the sequence work 2 hdc sts into the same st, 1 hdc into the next one 5 times. And you will get 5 additional sts by doing that.
- Use a stitch marker to mark your first stitch of the round.
- Gauge: 24 sts and 14 rows in hdc measure 4 x 4 inch (10 x 10 cm)
If you would like to see more videos subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE. I release new videos almost ever week. 🙂
You can find this crochet pattern available as an inexpensive, ad-free, beautifully designed photo tutorial PDF in my Etsy shop. The pattern includes additional size (6 – 12 months).
WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS – Crochet Baby Booties Lavender Bow Tie
Color 1 – purple. 3.5 mm crochet hook. VIDEO TUTORIAL
You can find a video tutorial on how to make a baby sole HERE.
Ch 10. Start in the 2nd chain from the hook.
Round 1: Work 2 hdc into the same. 1 hdc into next 7 chains. Work all 6 hdc sts into the last ch. 1 hdc into next 7 chains. Work 2 hdc sts into the last one. Join the round with a ss. = 24 sts.
Round 2: Work 2 hdc into next 2 sts. 1 hdc into next 7 sts. Work 2 hdc sts into next 6 sts. 1 hdc into next 7 sts. Work 2 hdc into next 2 sts. Join the round with a ss. = 34 sts.
Round 3: Repeat (2 hdc, 1 hdc) 2 times. Hdc 7. Repeat (2 hdc, 1 hdc) 6 times. Hdc 7. Repeat (2 hdc, 1 hdc) 2 times. Join the round with a ss. = 44 sts.
Cut the yarn and fasten off.
Color 2 – gray. 3.5 mm crochet hook. VIDEO TUTORIAL
Round 1: Join the yarn in the middle of the heel with ch 1. Start in the same stitch. Work 1 sc into BLO into next 44 sts. Join the round with a ss. =44 sts.
Round 2: Ch 1. Work 1 hdc into next 44 sts. Join the round with a ss. = 44 sts.
Round 3: Ch 1. Work 1 sc into next 11. Repeat (hdc2tog, hdc 2) 5 times. Hdc2tog. Work 1 sc into next 11 sts. Ss. = 38 sts.
Round 4: Ch 1. Work 1 sc into next 12 sts. 1 hdc. Hdc2tog. Repeat dc2tog 4 times. Hdc2tog. 1hdc. Work 1 sc into next 12 sts. Ss.= 32 sts.
Round 5: Ch 1. Work 1 sc into next 11 sts. Hdc2tog. Repeat dc2tog 3 times. Hdc2tog. Work 1 sc into next 11 sts. Ss. = 27 sts.
Cut the yarn. Fasten off.
Find 8 sts in the middle of the heel and work 1 hdc into each stitch. Make sure you skip the slip stitch. Cut the yarn and fasten off.
Color 2 – gray. 3.5 mm crochet hook.
The pattern for the strap for the left and right shoe is exactly the same. The only difference is how you attach the strap on the middle part.
Chain 35. Start in the 2nd ch from the hook and turn after each row.
Row 1: Work 1 hdc into 34 sts. = 34 sts.
Row 2: Ch 1. Work 1 hdc into next 34 sts. = 34 sts.
Row 3: Ch 1. Work 1 hdc into next 34 sts. = 34 sts.
Color 1 – purple. 4.0 mm crochet hook.
Chain 11. Start in the 2nd chain from the hook.
Row 1: Work 1 hdc into next 10 sts.
Row 2 – 4: Ch 1. Work 1 hdc into next 10 sts.
Row 5: Ch 1. Work 1 hdc into next 10 sts.
Fold the rectangle in two parts. Wrap the yarn around the middle of the bow and attach the bow on one side of the strap.
Now we will assemble all the parts together. We will start off by attaching the press studs on the strap. Attach one part of press stud on the opposite side of the bow. Attach the other one on the same side but on the other end of the strap.
Attach the strap the middle part of the shoe. But be careful, if you are working on the right shoe, the bow should be on your right (you facing the heel) and the strap should open away from you. And if you are working on the left shoe, the strap should be on your left (you facing the heel) and the strap should again open away from you.
Thanks for stopping by. Do not be shy and say hello to us in the comments below or on my YouTube channel. I share new tutorials every week.
Love you all!♥