I love quick and fun crochet projects made with a thick yarn in pastel colors. For this one, I was using a Bulky weight yarn in blue and beige. It’s very soft and warm. Perfect for the cold winter days. Because I wanted to achieve nice and tight, but not too tight stitches, I used a smaller crochet hook than recommended on the yarn label. Instead of 7 or 8 mm, 6 mm was my perfect match.
- a small amount of beige and blue bulky weight yarn (here!)
- 6.0 mm crochet hook (here!)
- yarn needle (here!)
- scissors (here!)
- stitch markers (here!)
- sl st – slip stitch
- ch – chain stitch (VIDEO)
- sc – single crochet (VIDEO)
- hdc – half double crochet (VIDEO)
- dc – double crochet (VIDEO)
- hdc2tog – half double crochet 2 together
- dc2tog – double crochet 2 together
- dc3tog – double crochet 3 together
- The pattern is worked in rounds. Join at the end of each round with a slip stitch. In this slip stitch case does not count as a stitch.
- The pattern starts with a chain.
- You will need a small amount of each yarn. I used around 34 m of yarn for both shoes.
- How to read the pattern: If the number is written before the stitch 3 hdc work 3 hdc into the same stitch, if the number is written after the stitch hdc 3, work hdc into next 3 stitches.
- Use stitch markers. Always mark your first stitch of the round.
- You can find this lovely crochet pattern available as an inexpensive, ad-free, beautifully formatted and print-friendly PDF in my Etsy shop. The pattern includes some additional sizes as well.
- 0 – 3 months
- 3 – 6 months and 6 – 12 months available in PDF version
If you would like to see more videos please subscribe HERE. It’s free!
CROCHET BABY BOOTIES INSTRUCTIONS – WINTER SNOWFLAKE
Ch 6. Start in the 2nd ch from the hook.
Round 1: 2hdc. Hdc 3. 6 hdc sts into the same ch. Continue on the opposite side of the ch. Hdc 3. 2hdc. Ss.
Round 2: Work 2 hdc into next 2 sts. Hdc 3. Work 2 hdc into next 6 sts. Hdc 3.Work 2 hdc into last 2 sts. Ss.
If you would like to create a shoe in more than one color, now is the time to change it.
Round 1: Ch 1. Work this round into back loops only. Work 1 hdc into next 26 sts. Ss.
Round 2: Ch 1. Sc 7. Hdc 1. Hdc2tog. Dc2tog three times. Hdc2tog. Hdc 1. Sc 7. Ss.
Round 3: Ch 1. Sc 7. Hdc2tog. Dc3tog. Hdc2tog. Sc 7. Ss.
Round 4: Ch 1. 1 sc in next 17 sts. Ss.
Round 5: Ch 1. 1 hdc into next 17 sts. Ss.
Round 6: Ch 2. 1 dc in next 17 sts. Ss.
Chain 50. Make a small knot on both sides of the chain.
Weave in and out of the half double crochet stitches of round 5. Tie in a bow in front.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Don’t be shy and subscribe to my blog and my YouTube channel. I share new tutorials almost every week!
Love you all!♥
All the patterns here on crobypatterns.com are the property of Croby Patterns Designs and are for your personal use only. The pattern or parts of it may not be reproduced, distributed or resold, translated, published or posted for sell or free on the internet or offline. You can sell finished items made from this pattern (Permission is not granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind) but please clearly credit the design to Croby Patterns so I will be able to continue creating new designs for you. Please provide a link to my blog crobypatterns.com. Read more …
I include affiliate links in my blog posts as a part of what yarn do I use or my supply lists. Purchasing from these merchants earns me a small commission with no extra cost to you and helps my small business to grow so I can share even more patterns with you! 🙂