Hi, everyone! I was working on a new crochet pattern for spring baby booties that will be released very soon and come to the conclusion that there is no need to repeat how to crochet baby sole all the time and edit it over and over again when I am working on a new baby bootie video tutorials if the sole is always the same. So I’ve decided to make a simple video tutorial and written instructions for how to crochet a baby sole that will be compatible with all the upper parts of my baby shoes that I will release in the future. The size of the sole is around 9.5 cm or 3.75 inches and will be a perfect fit for 0 – 6 months old baby.
Let’s switch on the things you might need or would I recommend for this tutorial.
- YARN: For this baby sole, I was using Light Weight 100% cotton yarn in a beautiful deep purple color, but if you would like to make your crochet sole more firm try to use some Worsted or also called in the UK Aran weight yarn. The sole will come out firmer and the shoe will have a nicer, more perfect shape. But think twice before you do that because the stitches will be denser and the holes between them will be smaller, so it will be a bit harder to crochet and the shoe won’t be so soft anymore. But it will look great. 🙂
- CROCHET HOOK: I am also using 3.5 mm or E/4 crochet hook.
- OTHER: Stitch markers, scissors and a yarn needle.
If you would like to see more videos please subscribe HERE. It’s free!
All of my crochet patterns and tutorials are written in US crochet terms. If you are not familiar with the US crochet terminology, I might have a solution for you. Here you can find a great article on this topic and will tell you all you have to know about this two terminologies and differences between them.
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS
- ch – chain
- hdc – half double crochet
- ss – slip stitch
- st/sts – stitch/ stitches
- This pattern is written in rounds. At the end of each round join the round with a ss, that is just a joining stitch and des not count as a real stitch.
- Always start the round in the 1 st of the previous round, that is in the same stitch you’ve made your ss in.
- How to read a pattern: If the number is written before the stitch 3 hdc work 3 hdc into the same stitch. If the number is written after the stitch hdc 3, work hdc into next 3 stitches.
- Repeat what is written in the () as many times as it’s written right after the (). For an example: Repeat (2 hdc, hdc 1) 5 times. It means that you have to repeat the sequence work 2 hdc sts into the same st, 1 hdc into the next one 5 times. And you will get 5 additional sts by doing that.
- Use a stitch marker to mark your first stitch of the round.
CROCHET INSTRUCTIONS – BABY SOLE
Ch 10. Start in the 2nd chain from the hook.
Round 1: Work 2 hdc into the same. 1 hdc into next 7 chains. Work all 6 hdc sts into the last ch. 1 hdc into next 7 chains. Work 2 hdc sts into the last one. Join the round with a ss. = 24 sts.
Round 2: Work 2 hdc into next 2 sts. 1 hdc into next 7 sts. Work 2 hdc sts into next 6 sts. 1 hdc into next 7 sts. Work 2 hdc into next 2 sts. Join the round with a ss. = 34 sts.
Round 3: Repeat (2 hdc, 1 hdc) 2 times. Hdc 7. Repeat (2 hdc, 1 hdc) 6 times. Hdc 7. Repeat (2 hdc, 1 hdc) 2 times. Join the round with a ss. = 44 sts.
Cut the yarn and hide the tail between the sts.
Now find the upper part of the shoe you love and continue with your work. Please have in mind that this crochet baby sole is compatible with the upper parts of baby booties that you can find on my blog (at least from this day forward). Every crochet designer’s sole pattern for baby shoes is a bit different and this is just me sharing how I do mine.
Thanks for stopping by. Do not be shy and say hello to us in the comments below or on my YouTube channel. I share new tutorials every week.
Love you all!♥
All the patterns here on crobypatterns.com are the property of Croby Patterns Designs. Please read the Therms of Use for more information.