Hi, everyone! Today I will share with you a very simple crochet baby pattern for little baby shoes. They are made with this beautiful blue yarn. I was using darker one for the sole and a lighter shade for the upper part. I choose dark blue 1.5 cm big wooden buttons to attach the strap on outer sides of the shoe and just a few strands of dark blue yarn for the slip stitch edging around the straps to make them more playful and fun. But I am sure they will come out amazing in any color you decide to go with. Have fun with the pattern and happy crocheting!
If you would like to see more videos subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE. I release new videos almost ever week. 🙂
This is what you will need for this tutorial (Please note, that these links are affiliate links. Purchasing through this links earns me a small commission with no extra cost to you 🙂 Thank you! :))
YARN: For this pattern, I am using some 100% cotton DK weight yarn in gray and blue. You can use any color you prefer. (here!)
CROCHET HOOK: You will need one size only. That’s 3.5 mm or E/4 crochet hook. I am using my aluminum crochet hook with a plastic handle. I have no idea where did I buy this hook But I will try to find something similar. (here!)
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
- Dc – double crochet
- Sc2tog – join two single crochet together
- (H)Dc2tog – join two (half) double crochet together
- MC – main color – dark blue
- CC – contrast color – light blue
- BLO – back loops only
- The sole and the upper part in written in rounds and the strap is written in rows. At the end of each round join the round with a ss. After each row turn and make a chain to lift a row.
- How to read a pattern: If the number is written before the stitch 3 hdc work 3 hdc into the same stitch. If the number is written after the stitch hdc 3, work hdc into next 3 stitches
- Repeat what is written in the () as many times as it’s written right after the (). For an example: Repeat (2 hdc, hdc 1) 5 times. It means that you have to repeat the sequence work 2 hdc sts into the same st, 1 hdc into the next one 5 times. And you will get 5 additional sts by doing that.
- Use a stitch marker to mark your first stitch of the row/round.
- Gauge: 24 sts and 14 rows in hdc measure 4 x 4 inch (10 x 10 cm)
- The pattern is written in US crochet terms.
- This is a pattern for 0 – 6 months
INSTRUCTIONS – Crochet Baby Booties Blue Whale
Ch 10. Start in the 2nd chain from the hook. Work into back loops only.
Round 1: Work 2 hdc into the same. 1 hdc into next 7 chains. Work all 6 hdc sts into the last ch. 1 hdc into next 7 chains. Work 2 hdc sts into the last one. Join the round with a ss. = 24 sts.
Round 2: Work 2 hdc into next 2 sts. 1 hdc into next 7 sts. Work 2 hdc sts into next 6 sts. 1 hdc into next 7 sts. Work 2 hdc into next 2 sts. Join the round with a ss. = 34 sts.
Round 1: Start in the middle of the heel. Work in BLO! Ch 1 and start in the same. Work 1 hdc into next 44 sts. Ss. Do not turn. = 44 sts.
Round 2: Ch 1. Work 1 sc into next 44 sts. Ss. = 44 sts.
Round 3: Ch 1. Work 1 sc into first 11 sts. Repeat (hdc2tog, 1 hdc into next 2) 5 times. Hdc2tog. Work 1 sc into next 11 sts. Ss. = 38 sts.
Round 4: Ch 1. Work 1 sc into first 12 sts. Hdc 1. Hdc2tog. Repeat dc2tog 4 times. Hdc2tog. Hdc 1. Work 1 sc into next 12 sts. Ss. = 32 sts.
Round 5: Ch 1. Work 1 sc into next 11 sts. Hdc2tog. Repeat dc2tog 5 times. Hdc2tog. Work 1 sc into next 11 sts. Ss. = 27 sts.
Place the shoe in front of you, you facing the toes.
Start in the 11th stitch from the heel. Crochet toward the toes, then heel.
Row 6: Join the yarn with ch 1. Work 1 sc into next 2. Work 1 hdc into next 22 sts. Work 1 sc into next 2 sts. Now ch 16. Turn the row. = 34 sts.
Row 7: To create a button hole skip first 5 chains and start in the 6th ch from the crochet hook. If you would like to make this hole bigger, add some additional chains in row 6 and skip them here at the beginning of this row. Now work 1 hdc into next 11 chains. Work 1 hdc into next 24 sts. Work 1 sc into last 2 sts. End the row with a ss into the last st. Fasten off.
Start in the 17th stitch from the heel. Crochet toward the toes, then heel.
Row 6: Ch 1. Work 1 sc into next 2 sts. Work 1 hdc into next 22 sts. Work 1 sc into next 2. Now ch 16 and turn the row. = 34 sts.
Row 7: Start in the 6th chain from the hook to create a button hole.
Work 1 hdc into next 11 chains. Work 1 hdc into next 24. Sc into next 2. Ss into the last one. Fasten off.
Place the button on the outer side of the shoe. On the opposite side of the strap and attach the strap with the button.
Using just a few strands of dark blue yarn create a simple edging made of slip stitches all around the ankle and strap. Start in the last stitch of row 7 and end in the last chain below the strap. Work 6 sc sts around the chain for the button hole as seen in the picture.
Thanks for stopping by. Do not be shy and say hello to us in the comments below or on my YouTube channel. I share new tutorials every week.
Love you all!♥
All the patterns here on crobypatterns.com are the property of Croby Patterns Designs. Please read the Therms of Use for more information.