Hello, everyone! I hope you are having an amazing day. Today I would like to share with you a pattern for cute crochet baby flats/booties for little girls. They are made with gray yarn and have a big colorful bow on the front which is attached to the left and right front part of the shoe. The pattern is very easy and beginner friendly. But if you will have any troubles along the way, jump to the video tutorial that will show you step by step instruction on how to make this little shoes from the strat to the finish.
For this tutorial, I was using some Extra Fine Merino yarn, but they can be made with cotton or polyester yarn as well. Lately, I have been using some great cotton yarns, that might become one of my favorites (here!). They are super easy to use and they come in such a great variety of different colors. But you can use any yarn you like, as long as the gauge is correct and they come out in the right size and shape.We all know these two might be a problem. When I first started, I had to make, not just one pair, but three, four sometimes, even more shoes (not pairs of shoes, single ones :)) before I could find two that were the same size. 🙂
If you would like to see more videos please subscribe HERE. It’s free!
This is what you will need for this tutorial (Please note, that these links are affiliate links. Purchasing through this links earns me a small commission with no extra cost to you 🙂 Thank you! :))
YARN: For this pattern, I am using some Super Fine Merino DK weight yarn (here!) in gray and Sport weight yarn (here!) in pink/blue/yellow. You can use any color you prefer.
CROCHET HOOK: You will need one size only. That’s 3.5 mm or E/4 crochet hook. I am using my aluminum crochet hook with a plastic handle. I have no idea where did I buy this hook But I will try to find something similar. (here!)
STITCHES AND ABBREVIATIONS
- Ch – chain
- Sc – single crochet
- St/Sts – stitch/stitches
- Hdc – half double crochet
- Ss – Slip stitch
- BPhdc – back post half double crochet
- Hdc2tog – half double crochet two together
- Dc2tog – double crochet two together
- The pattern is written in rounds. At the end of each round join the round with a ss. After each row turn and make a chain to lift a row.
- How to read a pattern: If the number is written before the stitch 3 hdc work 3 hdc into the same stitch. If the number is written after the stitch hdc 3, work hdc into next 3 stitches.
- Repeat what is written in the () as many times as it’s written right after the (). For an example: Repeat (2 hdc, hdc 1) 5 times. It means that you have to repeat the sequence work 2 hdc sts into the same st, 1 hdc into the next one 5 times. And you will get 5 additional sts by doing that.
- Use a stitch marker to mark your first stitch of the row/round.
- Gauge: 22 sts and 24 rows in sc measure 4 x 4 inch (10 x 10 cm)
- You can find this crochet pattern available as an inexpensive, ad-free, beautifully designed photo tutorial PDF in my Etsy (here!), Ravelry (here!) and Love Crochet (here!) shop. The pattern includes additional size (6 – 12 months).
- The pattern is written in US crochet terms.
- This is a pattern for 0 – 6 months
[adinserter name=”REKLAMA 1″]
INSTRUCTIONS – Crochet Bow Booties
Start with a merino DK weight yarn. Ch 10. Start in the 2nd ch from the hook.
Round 1: 2 hdc. Hdc 7. 6 hdc. Hdc 7. 2hdc. Join the round with a ss. = 24 sts.
Round 2: Ch 1. Work 2 hdc into next 2 sts. Hdc 7. Work 2 hdc sts into next 6 sts. Hdc 7. Work 2 hdc into next 2 sts. Join the round with a ss. = 34 sts.
Round 3: Ch 1. Repeat (2 hdc, 1 hdc) 2 times. Hdc 7. Repeat (2 hdc, 1 hdc) 6 times. Hdc 7. Repeat (2 hdc, 1 hdc) 2 times. Join the round with a ss. = 44 sts.
Do not cut the yarn.
Round 1: Ch 1. BPhdc all the way around. Join the round with a ss. = 44 sts.
Round 2: Ch 1. Sc 44. Join the round with a ss. = 44 sts.
Round 3: Ch 1. Sc 11. Repeat (hdc2tog, 1 hdc into next 2 sts) 5 times. Hdc2tog. Sc 11. Join the round with a ss. = 38 sts.
Round 4: Ch 1. Sc 12. Hdc 1. Hdc2tog. Repeat dc2tog 4 times. Hdc2tog. Hdc 1. Sc 12. Join the round with a ss. = 32 sts.
Round 5: Ch 1. Sc 11. Hdc2tog. Repeat dc2tog 3 times. Hdc2tog. Sc 11. Join the round with a ss. = 27 sts.
Continue with a Cotton Sport weight yarn in a color you like. You will need two bows. For each shoe one.
[adinserter name=”REKLAMA 2″]
Ch 9, but leave long tail for sewing before you make your first ch. Start in the 2nd ch from the hook.
Row 1: Hdc 8. Turn. = 8 sts.
Row 2 – 6: Ch 2. Dc 8. Turn. = 8 sts.
Row 7: Ch 1. Hdc 8. = 8 sts.
Leave long tail for sewing.
Take a strand of yarn in the color of your bow. Bend the middle of your rectangle/bow base and wrap your strand of yarn around it a few times. Knot the yarn to the back of the bow.
Take a yarn needle and sew the bow on the sides of the shoe as seen in the picture.
Fasten off, and weave in loose ends.
Hope you enjoyed this pattern!
If you did, please share a photo of your creation with me using #crobypatterns on Facebook or Instagram.
I would love to see it! 🙂
Have a wonderful day and happy crocheting!
This pattern is a property of Croby Patterns and is for your personal use only. You can not modify, sell or share this pattern. You can sell finished items made from this pattern but please clearly credit the design to me, Croby Patterns. Please provide a link to my blog crobypatterns.com. Permission is not granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind. Thank you for respecting me and my work!