- 4.0 mm(G/6) crochet hook (here!)
- DK weight 100% cotton yarn in off white (small amount) and mustard yellow (2x 50 g or 1.75 oz.) (here!)
- scissors, yarn needle, stitch markers
- ch – chain (VIDEO)
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- sc – single crochet (VIDEO)
- hdc – half double crochet (VIDEO)
- hdc2tog – half double crochet two together
- dc – double crochet (VIDEO)
- dc2tog – double crochet two together
- dc3tog – double crochet three together
- ss – slip stitch
- This pattern is written in 0 – 6 months size. You can buy an inexpensive beautifully designed PDF pattern with one additional size (6 – 12 months) in my Etsy shop.
- The main part of the cardigan is made of rows. At the end of each row make a turning chain (ch 2 – for the row of dc sts and ch 1- for the row of hdc/sc sts), then turn.
- Gauge for this cardigan is: 17 sts and 9 rows in dc measure 4 x 4 inch (10 x 10 cm)
- How to read a pattern: If the number is written before the stitch 3 hdc work 3 hdc into the same stitch. If the number is written after the stitch hdc 3, work hdc into next 3 stitches.
- Use stitch markers and mark important stitches. You do not need the same stitch markers that I use. You can use paper pins or yarn tails that you do not need anymore and mark your stitches with them.
- If you are having a hard time with the pattern click on the video.
You can find this crochet pattern available as an inexpensive, ad-free, beautifully designed photo tutorial PDF in my Etsy shop. The pattern includes additional size (6 – 12 months).
If you would like to see more videos please subscribe HERE. It’s free!
CROCHET CARDIGAN FOR BABIES INSTRUCTIONS
Take the yellow yarn and chain 75. Start in the 3rd chain from the hook. Work in rows. Turn after each row.
Row 1: Work 1 dc into next 73 sts. Change the yarn color. Ch 1. Turn.
Row 2: Work 1 hdc into next 73 sts. Change the yarn color. Ch 2. Turn.
Row 3: Work 1 dc into next 73 sts. Change the yarn color. Ch 1. Turn.
Row 4: Work 1 hdc into next 73 sts. Change the yarn color. Ch 2. Turn.
Row 5: Work 1 dc into next 73 sts. Change the yarn color. Ch 1. Turn.
Row 6: Work 1 hdc into next 73 sts. Change the yarn color. Ch 2. Turn.
Row 7 – 10: Work 1 dc into next 73 sts. Ch 2. Turn. Do not cut the yarn and continue with the front upper part of the cardigan.
Place the markers into the 1st, 18th, 19th, 55th, 56th and last stitch of row 11.
FRONT UPPER PART 1
Continue working in rows.
Row 1: Dc 15. Dc3tog. Ch 2. Turn.
Row 2: Dc2tog. Dc 14. Ch 2. Turn.
Row 3 – 5: Dc 15. Ch 2. Turn.
Row 6: Dc 7 Dc3tog. Ch 1. Turn.
Row 7: Sc into next 8 sts.
Fasten off. Leave long tail for sewing.
BACK UPPER PART
Continue working in rows.
Insert the hook into marker next to the front upper part of the cardigan that you’ve just made.
Row 1: Join the yarn with a ch 2 (does not count as a st). Join next two sts with a dc2tog st. Work 1 dc into next 31 sts. Dc3tog st. Ch 2. Turn.
Row 2: Dc2tog. Work 1 dc into next 29 sts. Dc2tog. Ch 2. Turn.
Row 3 – 5: Work 1 dc into next 31 sts. Ch 2. Turn.
Two additional rows for 6 – 12 months.
Row 6: Dc 8. Hdc 1. Sc 13. Hdc 1. Dc 8. Ch 1. Turn.
Row 7: Hdc 8. Sc 15. Hdc 8. Fasten off.
FRONT UPPER PART 2
Continue working in rows. Insert the hook into marker next to the back upper part of the cardigan that you’ve just made.
Row 1: Dc3tog. Dc 15. Ch 2. Turn. Row 2: Dc 14. Dc2tog.
Row 3 – 5: Work 1 dc into next 15 sts. Fasten off. Turn the row.
Row 6: Skip first 5 sts. Start in the 6th. Join the yarn with ch 2 and work dc2tog to join next two sts. Work 1 dc into next 7 sts. Ch 1. Turn.
Row 7: Work 1 sc into next 7 sts. Fasten off. Leave long tail for sewing.
EDGING – Armhole
Take a yellow yarn and a 4.0 mm crochet hook and work 1 sc into each stitch and 2 sc sts into each row all the way around. Start in the armpit and continue all the way around. Join the round with a ss into the first stitch of this round. Continue all the steps for the second armhole.
EDGING – Main Part
Take a yellow yarn and the 4.0 mm crochet hook and work 1 sc into each stitch and 2 sc sts into each row. Start in the right upper corner of the cardigan and continue down, around the bottom part, up and to the next upper corner of the cardi- gan. Work 3 sc sts into each lower corner to make it nice and round. Fasten off.
Take a small amount of yellow yarn and chain 28. Join the chain with the cardigan in the upper corner of the front left part of the cardigan. Work ss evenly around the neck part. When you end chain 30. Fasten off. Create two little pom poms. Wrap the yarn around your fingers (2 fingers is more than enough) and tie a knot around the middle. Cut the yarn on both sides and trim the strands of yarn that are too long.
Attach pom-poms to the chains, one pom-pom on each end. And you are done.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Don’t be shy and subscribe to my blog and my YouTube channel. I share new tutorials every week!
Love you all!♥
All the patterns here on crobypatterns.com are the property of Croby Patterns Designs and are for your personal use only. The pattern or parts of it may not be reproduced, distributed or resold, translated, published or posted for sell or free on the internet or offline. You can sell finished items made from this pattern (Permission is not granted for mass production or factory manufacturing of any kind) but please clearly credit the design to Croby Patterns so I will be able to continue creating new designs for you. Please provide a link to my blog crobypatterns.com. Read more …
I include affiliate links in my blog posts as a part of what yarn do I use or my supply lists. Purchasing from these merchants earns me a small commission with no extra cost to you and helps my small business to grow so I can share even more patterns with you! 🙂